Maharashtra Budget 2023 Live: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who also holds the Finance portfolio, on Thursday presented the first Budget of the Eknath Shinde-led government for the year 2023-24. He read out the budgetary provisions from an iPad instead of a conventional paper document. This is for the first time that Fadnavis presented the state budget as he holds the finance portfolio. During Fadnavis’s tenure as the CM between 2014 and 2019, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sudhir Mungantiwar was the Finance minister. The Shinde-led government, in which his faction of the Shiv Sena and the BJP share power, was formed in June 2022.
Maharashtra Budget 2023 Live Updates
Maharashtra Budget Live: Rs 3,520 crore proposed for the public health department; 10 lakh houses under PM Awas Yojna. A Kolhapuri chappal cluster centre will be started in Kolhapur and a bamboo cluster will be set up in Gadchiroli and
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojna health scheme ceiling has been raised from Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
Rs 3,520 crore allocated to the public health department.
Various corporations based on communities like Lingayat, Ramoshi, etc, for which Rs 50 crore each have been allotted.
Scholarships for minorities students will be raised by Rs 25,000
Recruitment of 20,000 anganwadi sevikas.
Under PM Awas Yojna, ten lakh houses will be built in the next three years.
Maharashtra Budget Live: Rs 1729 crore proposed for Mumbai beautification; Rs 39,000 crore for proposed Metro projects
-Rs 39,000 crore has been proposed for Metro projects in Thane, Nashik, Pimpri-Chinchwad.
-Rs 1729 crore has been proposed for beautification of Mumbai
Maharashtra Budget Live: State School Education Minister Deepak Kesarkar read out the budget proposals in the Legislative Council.
Maharashtra Budget Live: During the budget presentation, Fadnavis said the outlay for farmers has been increased by Rs 6,900 crore and the coverage of the Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya scheme, a health insurance scheme of the government, has been raised from Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
Maharashtra Budget Live: Farmers will also get crop insurance at just Re 1. In the previous scheme, farmers had to pay 2 per cent of the premium on crop insurance. The state government will pay the installment. The state exchequer will bear a cost of Rs 3312 crore for this.
Mumbai | Maharashtra cabinet meeting going on to pass the State budget 2023-24 pic.twitter.com/N3PGfRq6mY
— ANI (@ANI) March 9, 2023
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde arrives at the Vidhan Bhavan during the Budget Session of the State Assembly.
- Maharashtra’s Deputy CM and Finance Minister Devendra Fadnavis to present Budget in the Assembly.
Mumbai | Maharashtra’s Deputy CM and Finance Minister Devendra Fadnavis to present Budget in the Assembly. He garlanded the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj ahead of the presentation of the Budget. pic.twitter.com/vHYeaN83p5
— ANI (@ANI) March 9, 2023
- Maharashtra’s Deputy CM and Finance Minister Devendra Fadnavis garlanded the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj ahead of the presentation of the Budget.
- To attract fresh industrial investments in the state, the state government had initiated the Maha-Parvana, a single permission system through its Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell (MAITRI) to process proposals of FDI and new industrial units with investment over Rs 50 crore.
- Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday shared behind the scenes of the complete process. Sharing the video, he tweeted,” Our #MahaBudget2023 is just a few hours away. But a lot goes #BehindTheScenes!Hundreds of meetings, thousands of minds, lakhs of ideas from citizens.Right from CM sir, to me to all Ministers to officials to Govt machinery! Here’s a glimpse”
Our #MahaBudget2023 is just few hours away..
But a lot goes #BehindTheScenes!
Hundreds of meetings,thousands of minds,lakhs of ideas from citizens..
Right from CM sir, to me to all Ministers to officials to Govt machinery!
Here’s a glimpse#MahaBudgetSession2023 #BTS #Maharashtra pic.twitter.com/B3xdVCH6FY
— Devendra Fadnavis (@Dev_Fadnavis) March 8, 2023