FTAdviser seeks a senior reporter in London
FTAdviser is the award-winning source of news and opinion for the financial intermediary market covering investments, mortgages, pensions, insurance, regulation and other key issues.
The Senior Reporter will take charge of patches on the news desk, writing stories and exclusives designed to get to the heart of, and help FTA become the voice of, the issues that matter to advisers.
They will write incisive analysis of the trends shaping the advice industry; use multimedia tools to drive engagement and explore topics in detail and differentiate FTA from its competitors; and participate in related webinars and other events.
- Establish themselves on their patch, writing relevant exclusives, breaking news, podcasts and analysis. Where relevant, they will work with other members of the editorial team to bring in-depth ideas to fruition
- In line with the above, strive to engage various segments of the intermediary market: eg, insurance brokers; platforms, tax planners; tech-savvy advisers and fintech specialists.
- Alongside the multi-media editor and news editor, use their contacts and story ideas to help enhance the an adviser community that centres on FTAdviser.com
- Take part in multiple FTAdviser events throughout the year, and ensure coverage of these extends beyond the occasions themselves
- Help develop ways to extend the reach and scope of FTA’s news output, in collaboration with the news editor.
Required Skills / Experience
- Track record of producing high-quality journalism
- Good knowledge of the UK financial adviser market
- Keen eye for detail and legal knowledge relating to journalism
- An ability to investigate stories of interest to the readers
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently so they are able to keep working on exclusives while being flexible enough to jump onto breaking news
- Excellent communication skills with internal colleagues, external partners and readers, to enhance the brand across social media and at events and conferences.
To apply, go here.