Bloomberg News is looking for a reporter in New York to help expand its coverage of the $1.3 trillion private credit market.
You will be responsible for breaking news on one of Wall Street’s most opaque corners, delving into the deals, the firms and the people that are rewriting the rules of corporate debt financing.
Private credit’s extraordinary growth is about to face its biggest test yet as aggressive rate hikes from the Federal Reserve to combat inflation risk toppling the economy into a recession, leaving highly levered companies particularly exposed. Bloomberg News wants to own the story of what comes next.
We’re seeking a versatile reporter with a desire to bring more transparency to the industry by aggressively chasing deals and cultivating relationships with a close-knit group of financiers who can make or break multi-billion dollar acquisitions and offer a unique window into hundreds of privately-held companies across the globe.
The successful candidate will have experience covering M&A or capital markets, a solid track record of delivering scoops on their beat and a good understanding of corporate capital structures and deal financing. Candidates with a broad base of contacts across the financial services industry — particularly in private credit and leveraged finance — would be strongly preferred.
You’ll find opportunities to tell the market’s most important stories across Bloomberg’s growing number of platforms, including Bloomberg TV and Radio, Bloomberg’s Markets and Businessweek magazines as well as in podcasts, on QuickTake and in working with our data visualization team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the team in breaking news on deals across the private credit industry while spotting new trends and connecting the dots to craft insightful, agenda-setting enterprise stories
- Utilize your contacts among bankers, private credit managers, consultants and investors to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth of private credit as an asset class and its impact across the financial services industry
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver a global perspective to our readers
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a broader audience of business-savvy readers
- Previous experience in financial journalism or private credit
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to spot trends, find holes in stories and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
To apply, go here.